Accumulate gold and silver is one of them……
Purchasing power represents the amount of goods and services you can buy with a currency. You should aim to preserve your purchasing power to ensure that the currency you are working hard to earn today is still valuable in the future when you want to spend it. The key to preserving your purchasing power is two-fold:
- You should hold currency that retains its value over long periods of time.
- You should hold currency that is appreciating relative to most, if not all other currencies in both the short and medium-term.
Historically, buying gold and silver has been an excellent way of preserving purchasing power over long periods of time. Today it takes almost the same amount of gold or silver to buy a barrel of crude oil as it did 50 years ago. This is in stark contrast to national currencies (also called fiat currencies), like the US dollar, the values of which strongly erode over time. Central banks and governments have set a long-term trend of currency debasement, and it is unlikely that this trend will be reversed anytime soon.
Gold and silver are the only globally recognised currencies that cannot be created out of thin air, which makes both of them great stores of value (preservers of purchasing power) in the long-term. Unlike fiat currencies that can easily be debased, gold and silver remain the ultimate forms of money.
How do gold and silver preserve and increase your purchasing power?
If you had invested $10,000 on 1 January 2000 in 3-Month US Treasury bills your purchasing power would have decreased slightly by 1 January 2013. If you had invested the same $10,000 in gold, your purchasing power would have quadrupled, and the return for silver is close to gold. See the chart below.
The US dollar and 8 other major currencies versus gold
Gold rose 7.0% in 2012 against the US dollar. Gold also rose in 2012 against each of the eight other major world currencies presented in the following table.
|Gold % Annual Change|
The US dollar and 8 other major currencies versus silver
The silver price also gained in 2012 against all major currencies. Silver’s results are presented in the following table.
|Silver % Annual Change|
Silver has generated average annual rates of appreciation in all nine currencies that are higher than gold. So silver also fits well within a long-term accumulation plan, but only if you are prepared to accept the volatility that comes with it.
If you are interested in buying to protect your wealth let me know (send me a reply) I will send you the link so you know you have everything covered.
Now this is a question that may be different for different people but I think in general there is a lot of common ground
When you ask people why they work, a lot of them will say they’re ‘only in it for the money’. When you work for money, you can be financially independent, and have some control over your life.
Sometimes money truly is the only reason a person works. But most people have more substantial reasons for working. For example:
- They like to spend their days doing something they’re good at.
- They like being productive.
- Other people need their skills, and they feel obliged to supply them.
What if you didn’t work and you had every day to yourself? You could choose to go to the beach, watch television, go to the movies, go shopping, read books, visit friends, visit places of interest, go out for meals, play sport…
This all sounds wonderful, but you’d need at least some money to do most of these things. Relaxing and doing what you please is great for a holiday, but after a while the pleasure can wear off and you can feel aimless and bored.
Then there is the other side there are lots of people that make lots of money but they do not have the time to do the things they value most ie. spend time with the family, be part of the growing up of your children etc etc
WORK AND YOUR VALUES
The benefits you get from paid and unpaid work are strongly linked to what your values are. When you know what your values are regarding work, you can:
- work out what you hope to achieve through working—what your overall ambitions are
- set meaningful goals for yourself
- choose jobs that will satisfy you in ways that are deeper than your ‘hip pocket’
- understand why you feel dissatisfied in a job that doesn’t fit with your values.
The two main reasons that people work are:
- to perform rewarding and meaningful activities
- for companionship.
‘Rewarding’ and ‘meaningful’ work is work that allows you to:
- fulfil most of your material needs
- meet your financial obligations
- feel as if you fit into and contribute to society
- feel a sense of well-being and accomplishment
- meet and interact with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
Conduct your own research about why you work
‘Companionship’ at work means having continued, shared interaction with other people, including sharing the rewards of a job well done, whether they be a sales bonus or a commendation from the managing director.
Rewarding and meaningful work + companionship = job satisfaction
People get job satisfaction when their work:
- pays them enough to fulfil their most important needs
- pays them fairly for the work they do
- looks after them, providing a protective environment and ensuring their safety as they work.
- gives them a social life—they belong to a team and interact regularly with different people
- makes them feel good about themselves—they can see themselves gaining experience, expertise, status and acknowledgement by their colleagues and superiors
- fulfils them—it gives them a sense of personal achievement by presenting them with new challenges, helping them grow and be creative.
Find the company that satisfies them all:
- Good compensation
- Helping other people achieve their goals
- Have a good social life
- Do some charity
- Looks after your health
- all this sums up to a lot of job satisfaction
I found a company that ticks all my boxes which is NuSkin:
- It has the best compensation plan in the industry
- The business model is built to help other people achieve their goals
- By doing the above you will be interacting with a lot of people from a lot of different cultures and back grounds since it is an international company.
- It is linked in with different charities their main one is ‘Nourish the Children’, http://www.nuskin.com/en_US/culture/nourish_the_children/charity_partners.html
- Using the products is proven to benefit your health
- It rewards all the milestones you make in your business
Let me know when you would like to sign up so we can make that happen easily.
On his death bed, Alexander the Great summoned his generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
- The best doctors should carry his coffin;
- The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones etc.) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery; and
- His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to see!
One of his generals, who was surprised by these unusual requests, asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that, in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal.
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth.
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME.
4. We do not take to our grave any material wealth, although our good deeds can be our travelers’ cheques. TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
5. When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back. Our time is our life!
6. So the best present that you can give to your family and friends, is your TIME.
Now what happens mostly we postpone the giving of time to the people we love the most in order to do other things. So my advise is to find a business model to build while you are still working. Build that business and you will be able to spend the time with your loved ones. Leave me a reply if you would like to find out more on how. The longer you postpone this the more likely it becomes that you will have the regrets that Alexander the Great had.
NU SKIN CONCLUDES BANNER YEAR FOR ITS
PROVO, Utah—Feb. 21, 2012—Nu Skin Enterprises Inc., (NYSE:NUS) today announced the conclusion of another banner year for its ageLOC® research. Nu Skin accelerated its anti-aging research in 2011 with more than 30 scientific presentations, posters and articles at various prestigious conferences and symposia around the world. Additionally, the company made further strides with the acquisition of LifeGen Technologies and its genetic database that is based on more than 30 years of anti-aging genetic research.
“2011 was a breakthrough year for us as we continued our ground-breaking ageLOC anti-aging genetic research that is opening new doors of understanding to the genetic source of aging and helping more people to live younger, longer,” said Joe Chang, Ph.D., Nu Skin chief scientific officer. “As we have presented our research around the world, we have been pleased with the favorable response we have received from the scientific community. Looking to 2012, we believe that the best is yet to come for ageLOC science.”
The company’s 2011 scientific presentations focused on its ageLOC science that enables Nu Skin to identify unique groups of genes specific to aging (referred to as Youth Gene Clusters or YGC) that influence aging and then target and reset them to more youthful patterns of activity. This latest scientific research has been incorporated into Nu Skin’s latest product releases including ageLOC® R2 and ageLOC® Galvanic Body Spa™.
2011 Scientific Highlights Include:
Acquisition of LifeGen Technologies, LLC
With the acquisition of LifeGen Technologies, Nu Skin now owns what it believes is one of the largest anti-aging databases in the world and has unrestricted access to LifeGen’s scientific data and findings developed over 30 years. Nu Skin is accelerating its anti-aging genetic research that continues to open doors of new understanding and is providing additional insights for product development. Already the company has felt the positive impact of this database as it incorporates these new insights into products under development for 2013, including solutions for weight management and overall youthspan.
ageLOC Research on Internal Aging
Mark Barlett, Ph.D., vice president of global research and development for Pharmanex nutrition products at Nu Skin, led his team to present several key findings at internationally recognized conferences. Highlights included being an invited speaker at the Second International Conference on Environmental Stressors in Biology and Medicine. Nu Skin presented findings on several topics at the conference including “A Unique Nutritional Formulation to Promote Cellular Protection and Purification Via Induction Of the Nrf2-mediated ARE/Phase II Detoxification Pathways” and “A Unique Blend of Natural Compounds With the Ability to Oppose Age-Related Changes in Gene Expression Related to Dysregulation of Removal of Cellular Debris, Cellular Detoxification, Antioxidant Protection and Inflammatory Balance.”
In addition, Pharmanex nutrition scientists also presented at the Linus Pauling Institute Diet and Optimum Health Conference on “A Systematic Approach to Evaluate and Rank Natural Ingredients Based on Their Ability to Oppose Age-Related Changes in Gene Expression.”
ageLOC Research on the Skin
Led by Helen Knaggs, Ph.D., vice president of global research and development for Nu Skin personal care products, the Nu Skin research and development team had several notable finding presented and published in 2011. An oral presentation shared at the 4th International Conference and Exhibition for Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods (Nov 2011) showed the effects of equol on human skin gene expression and protein synthesis. In addition, several scientific articles were published including one in the Dermatological Surgery (Dec. 2011), regarding an exploratory study to determine the association between assessed facial skin aging and plasma isoprostane levels in middle-aged Japanese women, and in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science (Feb. 2011) showing how functional YGCs can be regulated to reflect a more youthful gene expression profile.
New Patents for ageLOC® Galvanic Body Spa™
Throughout the development of ageLOC science, a number of patents have been licensed or filed to further protect the proprietary information and technology Nu Skin utilizes to develop ageLOC branded products. Nu Skin’s recently launched ageLOC® Galvanic Body Spa™ system uses patented self-adjusting galvanic currents with patent-pending pulsating technology to diminish the appearance of fat and cellulite to provide a slimmer, smoother, firmer appearance on the arms, abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
Additional information on ageLOC Science can be found at http://www.ageloc.com.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. demonstrates its tradition of innovation through its comprehensive anti-aging product portfolio, independent business opportunity and corporate social responsibility initiatives. The company’s scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established Nu Skin as a premier anti-aging company, evidenced in its unique ageLOC® science that addresses aging at its source. The company’s anti-aging products feature the new ageLOC ® suite of products including the ageLOC® R2 nutritional supplement, ageLOC® Galvanic Spa System and ageLOC Galvanic Body Spa™, as well as the ageLOC® Transformation daily skin care system. A global direct selling company, Nu Skin operates in 52 markets worldwide and has more than 850,000 independent distributors. Nu Skin is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “NUS.” More information is available at http://www.nuskin.com.
To start let’s mention 10 benefits traveling does for you:
- it broadens your horizons
- experiencing different cultures and realizing the same things can be done in different ways
- meeting some of the nicest people
- doing things you don’t normally do
- eating foods that change your taste buds
- seeing things you haven’t seen before
- learning a new language or part of it
- understanding different cultures
- sense of adventure
- develop skills you didn’t know you had
And the list can go on and on……………..wouldn’t it be nice if you could do that more often? Well I guess you can! Become a professional traveller, work on an airplane, work on a cruise ship work on a yacht and the list goes on, but in reality these jobs are not for everybody. Now one of the best things of travel I think is meeting so many different people. What if you could have a business out of just that……………………………………
I am wondering what you are thinking now, since this is so easy and I know you like it to. Most entrepreneurs say: ‘like what you do and you never work another day in your life’
So why is not everybody doing this? Because we have all been brought up: study hard so you can get a good job and work hard so you can pay the bills at the end of the month and repeat this every month. If you enjoy this then by all means carry on with that. If you don’t isn’t it time for a change? This change doesn’t have to be over night but it can be gradual. As long as you move towards living the life you want every day! Does this take you out of your comfort zone? I am sure it does. Life is to short to not enjoy it!!!
Oh and I forgot one very important point of benefits of travel…….it’s fun!! So why don’t you make your business out of meeting people and it can be all over the world. If you are interested leave me a reply.
Have a great weekend