What a great talk on this extremely important/world changing subject; this is a must see!
Do yourself a favor and watch this video. Make yourself a nice cup of coffee/tea , it is worth it! Let’s value the happy planet index!!
Now if you are interested and experience what all this is about you must come and stay at Rancho Burica on the South West coast line of Costa Rica. As close as you can get to the beautiful Pacific Ocean! To have a sneak preview of the place click here Rancho Burica
Now this is a question that may be different for different people but I think in general there is a lot of common ground
When you ask people why they work, a lot of them will say they’re ‘only in it for the money’. When you work for money, you can be financially independent, and have some control over your life.
Sometimes money truly is the only reason a person works. But most people have more substantial reasons for working. For example:
- They like to spend their days doing something they’re good at.
- They like being productive.
- Other people need their skills, and they feel obliged to supply them.
What if you didn’t work and you had every day to yourself? You could choose to go to the beach, watch television, go to the movies, go shopping, read books, visit friends, visit places of interest, go out for meals, play sport…
This all sounds wonderful, but you’d need at least some money to do most of these things. Relaxing and doing what you please is great for a holiday, but after a while the pleasure can wear off and you can feel aimless and bored.
Then there is the other side there are lots of people that make lots of money but they do not have the time to do the things they value most ie. spend time with the family, be part of the growing up of your children etc etc
WORK AND YOUR VALUES
The benefits you get from paid and unpaid work are strongly linked to what your values are. When you know what your values are regarding work, you can:
- work out what you hope to achieve through working—what your overall ambitions are
- set meaningful goals for yourself
- choose jobs that will satisfy you in ways that are deeper than your ‘hip pocket’
- understand why you feel dissatisfied in a job that doesn’t fit with your values.
The two main reasons that people work are:
- to perform rewarding and meaningful activities
- for companionship.
‘Rewarding’ and ‘meaningful’ work is work that allows you to:
- fulfil most of your material needs
- meet your financial obligations
- feel as if you fit into and contribute to society
- feel a sense of well-being and accomplishment
- meet and interact with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
Conduct your own research about why you work
‘Companionship’ at work means having continued, shared interaction with other people, including sharing the rewards of a job well done, whether they be a sales bonus or a commendation from the managing director.
Rewarding and meaningful work + companionship = job satisfaction
People get job satisfaction when their work:
- pays them enough to fulfil their most important needs
- pays them fairly for the work they do
- looks after them, providing a protective environment and ensuring their safety as they work.
- gives them a social life—they belong to a team and interact regularly with different people
- makes them feel good about themselves—they can see themselves gaining experience, expertise, status and acknowledgement by their colleagues and superiors
- fulfils them—it gives them a sense of personal achievement by presenting them with new challenges, helping them grow and be creative.
Find the company that satisfies them all:
- Good compensation
- Helping other people achieve their goals
- Have a good social life
- Do some charity
- Looks after your health
- all this sums up to a lot of job satisfaction
I found a company that ticks all my boxes which is NuSkin:
- It has the best compensation plan in the industry
- The business model is built to help other people achieve their goals
- By doing the above you will be interacting with a lot of people from a lot of different cultures and back grounds since it is an international company.
- It is linked in with different charities their main one is ‘Nourish the Children’, http://www.nuskin.com/en_US/culture/nourish_the_children/charity_partners.html
- Using the products is proven to benefit your health
- It rewards all the milestones you make in your business
Let me know when you would like to sign up so we can make that happen easily.
My biggest priority in life is the well being of my children. It is my responsibility to make sure they are healthy and happy. This is in my case achieved by exposing them to different activities ie. sports, having them socially active, good education and making sure they have the correct nutrition. Now the last part is not always easy. The diet of a child is extremely important so we need to look after that. In the fast paced world and all the products on the market it becomes very likely that we are not getting enough (yes us adults also!!) nutrients in, so supplementation becomes a must. Now what I have found is that all the products on the shelf have no guarantees that they will actually do your child any good, so it becomes guess work. The reason why I got involved with Nuskin is because they are the only company that can measure your health and guarantee improvement after taking the product for 2 months. Now this unique in the industry. Wouldn’t you like to take charge of your child’s health and take the guess work out of it?
Sugar — The Most Damaging Narcotic in the History of Civilization
Narcotics in food. When we reflect on today’s “drug-culture” and the flagrant increase in drug-abuse, we generally think in terms of alcohol, heroin, L.S.D., marijuana, tobacco, cocaine and a variety of other mind benders. Certainly all of them have been and are today the cause of an untold amount of misery, of wrecked lives and the rapid breakdown of the health and morals of our race. Furthermore, the lasting damage to the gene pool is staggering.
Sugar. There is another narcotic that all of us have been using by the bucket ever since we were little babies that has undoubtedly done more damage to humankind over the last three hundred years than alcohol, tobacco, heroin, marijuana, and all the other “hard drugs” combined. It is something that comes disguised as a most pleasant tasting food, even your sweet, loving mother would administer to you by the bushel. That narcotic is sugar — ordinary, refined, crystalline, white sugar you buy at any grocery store.
Sugar a narcotic? Yes, sugar is a narcotic — an unnatural substance produced by industrial processes (mostly from sugar cane or sugar beets) by refining it down to pure sucrose, after stripping away all the vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes and other beneficial nutrients. What is left is a concentrated unnatural narcotic which the human body is not able to handle, at least not in anywhere near the quantities that is now ingested in today’s accepted lifestyle.
Sugar Addictive. The average American now consumes approximately 115 lbs. of sugar per year. This is per man, woman and child. The biggest reason sugar does more damage than any other poison, drug or narcotic is twofold: (a) It is considered a “food” and ingested in such massive quantities, and (b) The damaging effects begin early, from the day a baby is born and is fed sugar in its formula.
So it is with just about any factor that affects our health and well-being: It is the correct amount that is important. However, there are thousands of substances we ingest that are harmful, and doing a way with them altogether would be best.
Because of the quantities in which we have been consuming sugar is the main reason why sugar has been the most destructive culprit in all its history. It has all the right qualities for a destructive poison: it is sweet and attractive to the palate, you can never get enough of it. It is a narcotic and it is addictive. It takes years for the damages to become evident.
Sugar an Unnatural Chemical. Why is sugar so devastating to our health? One reason is it is pure chemical and through refining has been stripped of all the natural food nutritives that it originally had in the plant itself.
Sugar is first pressed as a juice from the cane (or beet) and refined into molasses. Then it is refined into brown sugar, and finally into strange white crystals C12H22O, that are an alien chemical to the human system.
Addictive. A second reason that sugar is so harmful is, it is addictive, and being delectable and seductive to the taste, it is also habit forming (there is a difference). Starting with sugar in the baby’s formula, people not only develop a strong taste for sugar but an insatiable craving for it so that they never seem to get enough of this poison.
Slow but Insidious. A third reason is that the damage sugar does is slow and insidious. It takes years before it ruins your pancreas, your adrenal glands, throws your whole endocrine system out of kilter and produces the multifarious damages we have listed in this chapter.
Foods loaded with Sugar. A fourth reason is the outrageous amounts of sugar civilized nations consume. Americans in particular are told how they are the best fed and best nourished people on the face of the earth?? If we are talking about processed junk food — this is true. If you examine the “foods” in any supermarket more closely and start reading labels, you will find just about everything contains sugar. Most of the foods are loaded with it — from cereals, to soups, to ketchup, to hotdogs.
List of Damages. We have stated that sugar is deleterious to your health: that it is more damaging than all other narcotics combined; that it is a long term chemical poison. Just what damage does sugar do to the human body?
The list is endless, but we will cite a few of the insidious ways sugar creates havoc with the human body. When we talk about sugar, we are including bad nutrition as a whole, since anyone who indulges in sugar has bad dietary habits per se.
1. Sugar is the main cause of diabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
2. It is either a significant or contributory cause of heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental illness, depression, senility, hypertension, cancer.
3. It has an extremely deleterious effect in unbalancing the endocrine system and injuring its component glands such as the adrenal glands, pancreas and liver, causing the blood sugar level to fluctuate widely.
4. Sugar is by far the leading cause of dental deterioration — cavities in teeth, bleeding gums, failure of bone structure, and loss of teeth.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this poison as much as possible, your kids will follow your good example!!